CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Friday" Thoughts

Yes, I know it's not Friday, but to me it is.  In less than an hour, I begin my Spring Break.  It's really nice to work at a university!  Below are some random thoughts for this beautiful "Friday" afternoon.

1. Love, love, loving this weather!  Come on Spring, bring it on!  I have enjoyed going outside at lunch the last few days and reading my book.  Which leads me to #2....
2.  If you have a baby girl, toddler girl, bigger girl, or adolescent girl in your household, you need to pick up a copy of James Dobson's new book Bringing Up Girls.  I'm only on chapter 7, but this book offers some great tips to raising up godly young women, including teaching them manners and how to be a true lady.  Now I'll be the first one to admit that I'm not exactly a graceful delicate lady.  In fact, I've been described before as being "rough, fast, and not gentle or delicate."  This book, however, has opened my mind to feminity, and the importance of teaching your girls to be a lady.  Of course there's a lot more to being a lady than manners, but it's a start.  Well, I digress.  I'm sure I'll have a lot more to say once I finish the other chapters.  It's a great book though!  Get it and read it!
3. Are you having a hard time adjusting to the time change?  I am.  When you have to get up at 6am, it really feels like 5am to your body.  That's rough.  5am was not meant to be experienced by human beings.
4. Why can't baby teeth just all come out at once?  I mean, COME ON TEETH!  Let's just get it all over with at once and be done with this.  This is for you, Raegan.
5. I'm loving American Idol this year.  Granted, I think Jennifer and Steven as judges are useless, but I like several of the performers this season.  My faves?  Casey, Paul, Scotty, and James, in that order.  Sorry girls, I'm just not feeling any of you this season.  I liked Kendra, but the judges cut her out.  Boo.
And now on a more serious note...
5. I am saddened by the recent events in Japan, as I'm sure you are too, and how it seems that a lot of people are really experiencing some rough things right now.  I've started devoting my commutes home to praying for people I know personally and the people of Japan.  I can tell you that we have a lot to be thankful for, don't we? 

1 comment:

Stephen and Tara said...

I have been wanting to read "bring up boys" for awhile. Now that I have a girl too I need to read that one as well!:)