CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 1, 2010

A Crispy Newspaper

Last week, Peyton, who was "helping" me cook almost burned the house down. Well, not exactly, BUT I had the burner on cooking a pot of green beans while she was standing on a chair at the counter. She must have pushed a newspaper that was laying on the counter on the burner. I was digging for something in the fridge, turned around and saw the newspaper on fire. I'm not sure why my first reaction was to try and beat the fire out of the paper instead of rushing it over to the sink, but my tactic wasn't working. So I yelled for Arnold who came running and said the obvious, "Put it in the sink and turn the water on!!!" Poor little Peyton. She was frightened to death and for the rest of the night kept saying, "paper got burned."

1 comment:

Stephen and Tara said...

Oh my goodness! Poor Peyton.