CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 20, 2011

May 21, 2005

I am finally going to be able to post pictures from our wedding day.  Our photographer was old school and all our pictures are on negatives, but I was finally able to get to a scanner. 
First though, I would like to commemorate our special day with a timeline of the last six years.

May 21, 2005-Arnold and I got married on the most perfect, gorgeous, beautiful day in history, May 21, 2005, at my home church in Gaffney, SC, Corinth Baptist.  After the reception, we drove to Atlanta, spent the night in a honeymoon suite, and left for New Orleans the next day.  After arriving in New Orleans, we boarded a Carnival cruise bound for the Caribbean. 

After returning from the cruise, we settled into our nice, freshly painted apartment on the seminary campus, where we would only spend the next three months because of a little hurricane called Katrina.  After the storm, we moved to SC and spent the next five months wandering around my Dad's lake house, wondering what we were going to do with our lives. 

In February of 06, we came back to New Orleans and started new jobs, Arnold at the Leavell Center, and myself at William Carey U.   In September of 06, we started trying to have a baby. 

By February of 07, I found out I was pregnant with a little monkey named Peyton.  We both continued working at our jobs and doing stuff married (without kids) people get to do, like go on dates, go to the movies all the time, and frequent coffee shops.

In December of 08, I found out I was pregnant with another little monkey named Raegan and Arnold was getting really serious with finishing the dissertation by the time 2009 rolled around. 

Right after Raegan was born, Arnold and I spent many an hour proofing his dissertation and he successfully defended it in October.  Then we moved off campus, and Raegan was hospitalized with RSV the night before his graduation ceremony in December.  And the icing on the cake was that neither of us had had any sleep since  August of 2009.  Thank you Raegan.   Except for a few joyful occassion thrown in there, i.e., Raegan's birth, Arnold graduation, I never ever, nope, not in a million years, never want to relive those six months. 

2010 proceeded a little smoother, just enjoying life and our little family and now here we are in 2011. 

God has been so good to us, providing for us, blessing us, and helping us to grow stronger in our marriage.  We anxiously await to see what He has for us in the future. 

Here's to 6 great years!!!






2 comments:

Stephen and Tara said...

Awe! Happy Anniversary Joy! It was a beautiful day and a beautiful bride! I am glad I was able to be there.

Joy said...

Tara, Thank you so much for coming and helping us celebrate this special day!