CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 6, 2011

What Will I Choose?

A while back I wrote a post called, The Feast or Famine Law  It wasn't that great of a post, so there's no need for you to go back and read it unless you're really bored, but I basically summed it up by saying that when it rains it pours.(There's always an expression in the English language to describe how you're feeling!)  I am currently feeling that it's pouring rain, even though the blue sky and sun tells me otherwise.  But that explains my asbsence on the blog for the last few weeks. 

It is hard to trust the Lord when everything seems to be going wrong, when you're standing in the downpour.  I read a magazine article today and this question from the article jumped out at me, "Will we choose faith in God over faith in an outcome?"  If you would like to read this excellent article, click on this.

I can't control my circumstances.  I can't control the fact that "Joy's wish list" is currently in the trash.  I cannot change the fact that this is not where I expected to be at 30 years old. 

The Lord gave me a verse this week though, "If you have raced with men on foot and they have worn you out, how can you compete with horses?  If you stumble in safe country, how will you manage in the thickets by the Jordan?" Jeremiah 12:5 

I like what the notes in my Bible have to say about this verse.  So I will let the notes sum this up: 
"Life was extremely difficult for Jeremiah despite his love for and obedience to God.  When he called to God for relief, God's reply in effect was, 'If you think this is bad, how are you going to cope when it gets really tough?'  Not all of God's answers to prayer are nice or easy to handle...But we are to be committed to God even when the going gets tough and when his answers to our prayers don't bring immediate relief."  (From the Life Application Study Bible).  If anyone out there in blog land is going through something difficult too, I hope this post will speak to you.

No comments: