CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 20, 2009

A Big Purse

Arnold always complains about my big purse. I can understand why. Half the time he's stuck with lugging it around, along with the diaper bag. I had a big purse this past winter, and my "summer purse" is also quite large. Though he shouldnt' complain too much because he was with me when I bought it. I realized after carrying around my large winter purse, that I liked big purses (or pocketbooks, which is the term I prefer but since other people that aren't from South Carolina may be reading this, I thought I would use purse). Big purses can hold SO MUCH stuff! I can put books in there, pacifiers, sippy cups, food, you name it. However, I found a draw back to big purses yesterday at church. I started digging around for a pen right before the sermon started (and the pens are always at the bottom) when my hand came across something mushy. I pulled out the bag of mush and discovered it was a piece of strawberry nut bread I had put in a ziploc bag for a snack and had never eaten it. (Strawberry Nut Bread purchased from the Strawberry Festival weeks ago) I saw lots of mold and then the smell hit. I placed it on the pew beside me, as far away as I could and put a bulletin over it. Well, I smelled that nasty, moldy piece of nut bread the whole service. Finally, I told Arnold that it was giving me a headache. He gets up during the prayer and takes it out to the trash. YUCK! This is defintitely one disadvantage of a big purse...stuff gets lost and forgotten about. Crackers may be okay in your purse for several weeks, but not strawberry nut bread. I may never eat that stuff again. Then we get in the car after church and realize that we still had our trash in the trunk, which we had forgotten to drop off before church. Nice.

3 comments:

Janna said...

ew thats gross!..im surprised you didnt throw up lol

Joy said...

I was almost to that point!

Stephen and Tara said...

ha!