CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday Thoughts

Have you been watching American Idol? I have, and I would like to share a few thoughts about it.



Is it just me or is this year's auditions boring? Simon just sits there and doesn't have many witty comebacks, he seems really checked out. He doesn't talk much. Come on Simon! We need you.



I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss Paula. My mom and Paula Abdul. Even though Paula hardly said anything coherent, I miss her fights with Simon, her zaniness, and the positive things she told the contestants.

Kara is annoying me. I don't want anyone new on the show, and to me, she is still a newbie. And she seems to be dominating the judging. Maybe I'm just not good with change.

Have you seen "Pants on the Ground" by the 62 year old veteran Larry Platt? Hilarious! The best audition so far. It's a catchy little tune.

I think after this year they should retire the show. You know I got to thinking the other night that eight people have won American Idol, but only two people became famous for winning...Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. So does American Idol really work? It's kind of like the Bachelor shows. Those relationships never work out, so is it worth a show?

In other entertainment news, I read an article about one of Fox News' political analyists, Brit Hume who was on a panel that was discussing Tiger Woods. Hume, a Christian, basically told the panel that Tiger Woods would only find healing, forgiveness, and redemption through Jesus Christ. Of course he's received a lot of criticism for this comment from the media, but what a statement to make on tv! That's one way to share your faith, and the best advice Tiger Woods could ever receive. Awesome!

1 comment:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Go Hume!

Simon definitely seems different... I think all of that was filmed before he decided this was his last season, so maybe he'll let loose when the season starts... hmmm... we'll see!