CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 26, 2010

Exploding Cake

Last week when my mom was here, I decided to bake a cake from scratch because we both love sweets. I should have known that 1/2 cup of baking soda was too much, but I obviously wasn't thinking. Four minutes after I put the cake in the oven, I started smelling something. I turned on the light and saw that the cake was already rising. I thought, "Wow! That's really fast." But then fifteen minutes later when the cake started exploding, I knew something was wrong. This would have been a ten foot high cake if I had let it keep going. HA! The recipe called for 1/2 teaspoon. This is why you should ALWAYS proofread when copying a recipe (or anything else for that matter!). I'm a big fan of proofreading. Here's the exploding chocolate cake.




I made another one a few days later, and it turned out great!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and you and keri say i dont follow directions ... KARMA!!!! lol
-jb-

Joy said...

I followed the directions silly. It's just that the directions were written down wrong.

Misty M. said...

Wow, if it had worked, it would have been a very sodium filled cake. Baking Soda has like a ton of sodium I think.
Sorry bout the cake explosion! lol