CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 15, 2010

The Crockpot

One might ask, "Does it take a Ph.D. to operate a crockpot?"  Apparently, the crockpot not only requires a Ph.D., but a Ph.D. in rocket science.  My brilliant husband, whom I asked to start the crockpot the other morning, cooked meat on the "warm" setting for over 8 hours.  My crockpot is not complicated.  It's not digital.  It's bright red and has three settings...warm, low, and high.  But apparently for Arnold, cooking meat is just a little too much to ask.  He chose the "warm" setting, thinking that a big huge chunk of meat "warming" all day would do the job.  Do you know how disappointing it is to come home thinking that a nice dinner is ready for you only to discover a bloody slab of meat that's been soaking all day in brown gravy mix?  Well, eight hours after five pm, the meat was ready.  But I was in bed, hungry by that point.  The meat was good the next day, and no one got sick from it, so I guess you could still say it was a success.  Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad though if this wasn't the second time he had done this with the crockpot.  But I've learned my lesson. Crockpots are too complex for the male species.  :)

No comments: