CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sleep

Tuesday night as I laid in bed trying to go to sleep, I thought of about 4 blog topics.  Wednesday at work, I could remember one of those!  Why does that always happen?  I remember good ones in the shower or at night laying in bed.  I guess it's the only chance my brain has to focus for two seconds put together. 

But speaking of sleep, I really got to thinking about this topic last week during Thanksgiving break.  My husband doesn't understand why I need so much sleep, and I don't understand it either.  He says I'm a sleep nazi.  I've had blood work done and everything is normal.  I get eight hours of sleep a night, and at least most nights are without interruption.  So why do I feel every other hour like I want to crawl under my desk and take a nap?  Why do I drag around and feel so tired?  I think I figured out why.  I don't need eight hours of sleep a night.....I need at least 9!  So my new goal is to get to bed by 9pm every night so that I can get 9 hours.  In fact, Monday night I felt so good after getting nine hours of sleep that me and the girls went to the grocery store by ourselves.  I would normally never ever ever ever try to do this.  It's not usually very productive or enjoyable.  But I just felt so darn great, and we needed food.  So if you try to call me after 9 and I don't answer, it's properly because I'm already counting sheep. 

What about you?  Do you need a lot of sleep at night to function properly during the day?  And why do I hear most husbands say that they can do on 5 or 6 hours a night?

No comments: