CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Week of Fun and Weird

We found our camera.  Yea!  Or maybe not.  The memory card went corrupt, the dial to switch settings no longer works, and the battery is giving out.  You will just have to use your imagination for this blog post, and possibly for many other blog posts to come.  :)

This past week has been full of fun, busy days, and weird things. 

The fun things and busy days- We got to go to the Children's Museum for free this past Saturday, courtesy of the Smithsonian's "Free Museum Day."  I bought a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks.  It was pretty good...but I'll stick with my white chocolate mochas or peppermint mochas (my favorite!!).  We bought a Whole Foods' cake for my birthday, which was pretty tasty, and then we celebrated at TGIFridays on Saturday.  Did I mention that Saturday was my birthday?  Turning 31 isn't that great, but at least I still had some fun things to do.
My dad came to town on Sunday afternoon.  We ate at a lot of great restaurants, went on the steamboat, road a carriage, and walked, walked, walked.  The girls did great even though the days were busy and full of activities.  We had a great time though.  It's always nice when family comes to visit.

The weird-Several people, while walking in the Quarter, thought that my dad and I were married.  Yuck!  (Arnold was at work.)  Maybe my dad doesn't look that old, or maybe I'm looking old, but COME ON people!!  Next time, I'm going to get a shirt for him that says, "I love my grandkids" or something like that.  Weird.  I guess since anything goes these days, people didn't think twice about it.

No comments: