CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Whew!

I finally feel like I can breath! Last week was it for me at work. I did have to end it a few days early when Peyton decided to plug the sink, turn on the water, and close the door at the babysitter's house. Yep, she flooded her bathroom and we had to pay for a new straightener and blow dryer. At that point, we collectively decided that enough was enough.
So how has our week at home been? Busy! I never thought I would be this busy, but the day goes by at warp speed. Of course, I'm having to catch up on years of de-cluttering and cleaning, but that's coming along nicely. I'm enjoying every single second with the girls. We're having a blast together.
For four years now, I've been wanting to stay home with my children, so the fact that the day has finally arrived continues to blow my mind. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I'm not on a vacation from work and that I won't have to return at 8am Monday morning. But to my working mom friends who may read this blog, hang in there if it is your desire to be at home.
This last year especially was the hardest of my life, and I think probably the hardest of my husband's too. One reason for the absence of any blog entries was the difficulty of this journey we've been on. While I'm being honest, I'll go ahead and say that I had to stop reading other people's/friends blogs as well. I just couldn't take it anymore. But I am so thankful that the Lord never lets go of us because there were many times when I wanted to let go. Hanging in there is not easy, and there are many days of up and downs. But I can attest to the fact that the Lord is merciful and patient with us. He sees our pain and struggles and continues to love us...nothing can separate us from that...Romans 8.
So here I am now trying to figure out what to do with the time that I have with my girls before the school grind starts in a few years. We're making friends at the park, visiting the library, making memories at home, and getting more involved with our new church.
Thank you Lord for being faithful to my family.
What could be more fun than an old diaper box?

No comments: