CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 5, 2008

Some Observations

One of my weekly trips, of course, is to the grocery store. Actually the only places I pretty much go to are the grocery store, Target, and church. I know, I lead an exciting life. But anyway, I've made a few observations the last few times at the grocery store. Maybe you can relate. Here they are:

  • It now cost me double, or just about double, to buy the same amount of groceries that I used to purchase. That is really a bummer.

  • I always get the cashiers who are talking the whole time to each other and ring my groceries up twice. Then they get aggrevated when I point out that they rang something of mine up twice.

  • How come it's expensive to eat healthy food and cheap to eat junk food?

  • I cannot believe it is $5 for a gallon of milk. And I couldn't bring myself to pay $3 for a HALF gallon of eggnog. Even though I will eventually break down and buy it because I LOVE that stuff!

  • I always get the buggy that wants to veer off in its own direction.

  • Do they not make three liter drinks anymore? I didn't see one three liter drink on the Coke aisle. What's up with that?

  • There is always, ALWAYS a bird in the grocery store...either flying around or walking around. The other night one bird was checking out the canned meat products. I'm so scared that a bird is going to poop on my head as I'm picking out my cereal. Do you have birds in your grocery store?

  • Now this didn't happen to me, but it happened to Arnold. He was at the Winn-Dixie down the street, which is a terrible place to go, and a guy in front of him was in the express lane. When the cashier tells him it's 20 items or less, he gets another buggy and starts sticking half of his stuff in the second buggy. And this, my friends, is typical New Orleans.

  • People never take their buggies to the little buggy place in the parking lot, they just leave them in the parking spaces when they're done. This aggrevates me extremely because you can never park your car. There's always a buggy in the way! Not to mention how many times I'm sure a buggy has hit my car when it starts rolling on its own. And no offense to native Louisianans, but people in Louisiana are just lazy with this. No where else in the United States do people do this.

    Don't you just love going to the grocery store?

3 comments:

Stephen and Tara said...

Do they have an Aldi in New Orleans? Here the milk at Aldi is$2.99 a gallon. And there everyone puts their cart back so they can get their quarter out. And no I have never seen a bird in the grocery store. That is crazy. I hope you guys are having a good Christmas season.

Stephen and Tara said...

I just looked. You dont have one! I think they milk at Walmart is about the same price. Maybe a little more.

Joy said...

Thanks for checking that out Tara! The Walmarts here are insane! I never go to Walmart unless ABSOLUTELY necessary, or if I do, I go to another town!