CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 29, 2008

Sperry's and Sebago's

Today we went to the mall to try and find some great deals, but there really weren't that many great deals at all actually. But I did break down and buy a pair of Sperry's. Apparently these shoes have been all the rage, and I'm just now catching on. I don't have young sisters in New Orleans to fill me in on the latest fashion trends, so anyway, I bought me a pair. And by the way, my mom did too (so I told my sisters that Sperry's are no longer officially cool when mom's start buying them...haha, but now that I'm a mom too, I guess that applies to me). Anyway, these shoes may be great, comfortable, cool, etc., but for those of you who were in middle school or high school in the 90's, you probably remember Sebago's. Sperry's look exactly like Sebago's! And in seventh grade, I got a brown suede pair for my birthday. I just had to have those things, and they were forty dollars back then! I loved those shoes and took such good care of them. And of course I did my shoes strings like curly cues. And the pair of Sperry's I bought even had the shoe strings (which are leathery) in curly cues like we used to wear our Sebago's. Some of you reading this may be clueless here, but for those of you who know what I'm talking about, here's a walk down memory lane for you.


Sperry's




Sebago's




PS-My mom just informed me that they had similar shoes when she was growing up. Oh well, fashion goes out of style then comes back in.

2 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

haha! That's awesome! :) I used to do my laces in curly cues too :) haha!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

haha! That's awesome! :) I used to do my laces in curly cues too :) haha!