CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 26, 2009

It's a Fifteen Month Old Life

Life with a fifteen month old only gets more interesting every day. Peyton has a few new tricks that she likes to pull these days. One thing she likes to do is hide under the table when I go to the washing machine, hide behind the curtains in our bedroom in the dark, and hide behind the rocker in her room in the dark. We have no worries about our child being afraid of the dark, it apparently doesn't bother her in the least. However, it bothers me that she hides and is very quiet. So I frantically go about the house searching only to find her in the dark crouching behind something or under something. Another one of her tricks is getting up on the couch. Since I have permament booty marks in the couch now because it's all I want to do, you know, lay on the couch and die, she thinks she has to be on the couch too. I do not like this because she climbs all over me, runs to the other end, pulls the curtains and the blinds very roughly to look out, and sits dangerously close to the edge. There is never a dull, clean moment in our apt. these days. It always looks like the movie Twister was filmed inside. And just think, in a few months, I'll have a little baby too. :)

3 comments:

Janna said...

well when she was here she loved going behind the curtains playing peekaboo and then she liked standing on your rockin chair.. o the things she learned at Grammys haha

Misty M. said...

Hey! That sounds so familiar! Micah was my little couch buddy when I had tons of morning sickness with Allie. I would just lay on the couch all the time with him jumping on me stepping on me, crawling around on my head and pretty much using me as his on personal jungle gym. I have never spent so much time on the couch in my life!

As for the hiding behind stuff.. yikes! I would be frantically rushing around too! Micah used to hide in all the cabinets and wasn't afraid of the dark either, apearantly though, they grow out of their fearlessness.

And don't worry about the twister+ one more baby.... after you have him or her you will be full of energy and feeling good again and will rise to the occasion!

Joy said...

Thanks for the encouragement Misty! I guess you should know. How many months apart are Micah and Allie?