CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Reflux

Raegan is two weeks old now, and it's been a hard two weeks. My kids seem to all be "blessed" with reflux. This means lots of bibs, lots of spit up on everything, lots of fussiness, and pain, and needing to hold them upright after they eat (supposedly for thirty minutes....and even at 2 in the morning or they will cry). Last night, I had a breakdown. You see Arnold has less than a month to finish his dissertation, so while he's been steadily working on it, I have been staying up with the baby at night. In two weeks, I have hardly had two hours of sleep put together. My mom would get up with her in the mornings while she was here, but at this point Raegan was still nursing every two hours. It's always an hour of sleep here an hour there. So last night, Arnold watched the baby the entire night and it was heaven. Of course I still had to nurse her every three hours, but I am very grateful for the much needed sleep. I understand why sleep deprivation is a form of torture.
So if you can think about it, say a prayer for our family...That Arnold would get this dissertation finished (due Oct. 1), and that our little angel would sleep.

3 comments:

Misty M. said...

So sorry to hear it is so rough right now. Poor little one. Poor Joy. We will keep ya'll in our prayers. Hope she sleeps better soon. Often they can improve very much over only a couple of weeks. Hope she does and that Arnold gets his dissertation finished on time. Take care!

Joy said...

Thanks Misty! We appreciate your prayers! How's the pregnancy?

Stephen and Tara said...

Oh joy I feel sleepy just reading this post. Do you at least have time off from work still? Those first few weeks are so hard and the reflux added in makes it even harder. I will pray for you! And for Arnold! Love ya.