CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 12, 2009

This Past Week


As I learn to adjust to two children, I am finding that the days are flying by and that I don't have enough time in the day for everything! But here are a few things that we've been doing this week...

Raegan has been learning to sleep a little better at night. Praise the Lord!
We went to the doctor this week for her reflux and she is now on Zantac, which she HATES. How do you get a three week old to not spit out all of her medicine? But I did taste it, and it is VERY nasty. She's now up to 7 lbs. 5 oz., which is what Peyton weighed when she was born.

We've tried to go and play outside some this week, but it is raining in New Orleans non stop. Rain Rain, Go Away!

Peyton is sick, which is a real bummer. How do you keep a sick two year old away from a newborn? She's always trying to get up in her face, sneezing on her, etc. I don't know what to do here. I think Peyton probably picked up a germ from the doctor's office the other day. I'm trying not to worry but it's hard.

I successfully was able to take a shower almost every day this week! How did I do it? By wheeling the bassinet into the bathroom with a sleeping baby inside. Of course Peyton was in there too, peaking in the curtain and getting soaking wet. But at least it was a shower!

Arnold is still steadily working on his paper. I have started proofreading it again for mistakes, though finding the time to do this is rare. Keep praying for us!

3 comments:

Laur said...

Yay about the shower, Joy! I'm not bragging, but babies have never caused me to miss a shower. One way that might work is to put Raegan in a bouncer while she's awake. She can kick and play (eventually) while you clean up. All three of my girls are in and out of the bathroom every morning during my shower. Also, you might want to teach Peyton about sanitizer. We call it "silly soap" at our house because it cleans our hands without water. Never leave it where she can get it without you knowing it, but it could help her to not spread germs to Raegan. I loved visiting with you last week and I hope this helps!

Joy said...

Well, the problem is not Raegan that's causing me to miss showers...it's Peyton torturing Raegan if I were to leave them both in the living room. There's no way I can trust Peyton alone with the baby. So, I have to bring Raegan in there with me to keep an eye on her, and Peyton comes too. But thanks for the tips!

Misty M. said...

Yeah, I soon found out that the terrifying thing about taking a shower wasn't leaving Allie alone in the next room, but wondering what Micah might do with her while I wasn't looking! I still have that issue because she just loves it when he plays with her, even if playing equals sitting on her or covering her with a blanket!