CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 4, 2009

Pros and Cons

As we settle into our new place, I'm discovering some things I like about it and some things I don't. Overall though, I am pleased. Now if I could only get everything unpacked...

I like....

INSULATION!!!! I finally live in a place that has insulation. That means the place is not 1500 years old. I like insulation.

carpet. I know wood floors, etc. are all the rage these days, but give me good old carpet. It's warm. Your feet aren't black after you walk across it (and who has time to mop every day?). And you can sit or lay down on it and not have to worry about getting dirty and black. It also absorbs sound...good news for our neighbors.

walk in closets. I've never had a walk in closet in my life. I love it!

being one block away from the grocery store (I know Arnold will come to appreciate this. Especially when I say, "I forgot ____, can you run and pick this up.") and right in the center of town...store, malls, Starbucks, restaurants all within a few minutes.

I don't like....

stairs. If we ever buy a house, I will do whatever it takes to not have to run up and down stairs. I had only lived in our new place one day when I decided this.

an electric stove. For the past five years, I've had a gas stove. Of course when we first got married, I didn't even know how to turn the thing on, but since that time I've come to love a gas stove. It heats up so quick! And when you have a two year old screaming, "I hun-gy!!", you come to appreciate a quick cooking stove.

our hot water heater. I could bake a cake in the time it takes for our hot water to heat up.

Are there things you like or don't like about your place?

3 comments:

Laur said...

I like:
having a pretty big yard. In a place I feel confident I'll be a while, I like planting perennial flowers.
new appliances. No one else's gunk has ever been in my kitchen.
2 and 1/2 baths, especially one in my master suite. We're never short on potties.
a fireplace. Somewhere we can go to get warm.
I don't like:
having carpet in my bedrooms and laminate in the living spaces. The girls spend more time on the floor in the living spaces than the bedrooms.
ceramic tile in the kitchen and bathrooms. The grout's never as clean as it was when first installed.
I can't complain. It's certainly the biggest and the nicest house I've ever lived in!

Joy said...

Thanks for sharing!

Joy said...

Thanks for sharing!