CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Best Laid Plans

Wow.  That is the word I would use to describe my last week.  It started with grand plans to go to Monroe to celebrate Raegan's first birthday with Arnold's parents and friends.  Then it digressed into a horrible virus I caught that ended in a trip to the urgent care clinic, an IV, several days in bed, and no trip to Monroe.  Disappointment!  Then when I thought things were getting better, Monday at work dealt me a blow, something totally out of my control  It was one of the most stressful days of my short career.  The Lord is still good though, and He worked everything out.  So this weekend, the Lord willing, we are going to Monroe to have that party.  Raegan still got a cake from Whole Foods, and we still sang her happy birthday and blew out the candles this past Saturday.  I couldn't let her birthday go by without some sort of celebration.  It's such an important and special milestone. 
I'm trying not to cling to tightly these days to MY plans, because they often change, it seems, without my consent and apart from my will.  Oh well.  The best-laid plans of mice and men go oft awry.

No comments: