CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Big Box

Remember the bed that I bragged about in my last post?  The delivery guy brought it by yesterday....the two side rails, then the headboard, then the other headboard.  Oh wait, why would a bed need TWO headboards?  Yeah, the distrubtion center messed up.  And this is why I don't like big box stores, of any kind.  I know they're cheaper, but the quality and service usually suffers.  We bit the bullet this time though and went with the big box furniture store because they were cheaper.  Our footboard should be delivered next Wednesday.  And the poor delivery guy, who was extremely polite and nice, was hauling everything up our flight of stairs by himself while the other guy sat in the truck and did nothing.  This bothered me, especially when I found out that guy was only getting paid $60 for hard, manual labor, and the other guy was sitting pretty in the truck. I wanted to tell him that the Baskin Robbins down the street was hiring and paying $10 an hour. You just gotta love the big box.

2 comments:

Michael and Joy! said...

I should have been there to help that guy! I used to move pianos.

Joy said...

Yeah for real! You could have dropped the bed on your leg or crushed the other guy like you about did last time! HA!