CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My Friend Nicole

Today I want to tell you about a special friend I have. Her name is Nicole. Now, Nicole doesn't even know I'm writing this because she doesn't even know that I have a blog. But I wanted to write anyway. Nicole is one of those friends that everyone needs. She is incredibly generous, thoughtful, and concerned. Nicole has gotten me groceries when I couldn't go to the store. She has cooked us dinners to eat so that I didn't have to worry with supper. She has offered to watch the baby even though she knows she's a little fussy. She has called me repeatedly to check up on me and the baby. She insisted the first night we came home from the hospital that if the baby was crying, we could call her and she would come over and give us a break. Anytime she goes out, she always calls to check and see if I need her to pick us up something. She's let me borrow some of her baby things. I could go on, but you get the picture. Nicole is one of those friends who you know will be there and be willing to help no matter what time of the night it is. She never makes you feel like you're bothering her. You know you can count on her. Oh, and did I mention she has a 2 year old and a six month old?! I praise God for bringing me a friend like Nicole. She is really an example of what a godly friend should look like. Thanks Nicole!

One other thing Nicole has done is introduced me to the Moby wrap. I plan to go out and buy one of these things today. Peyton instantly fell asleep yesterday when I tried Nicole's on. I have found that if I hold her all day, her crying stops. But it's hard to be chained to the chair all day. That's why I'm so excited about the Moby. I can still be mobile! And see, doesn't the girl in the picture look so happy and rested and her baby is asleep. That's going to be me after today :)




Update on Peyton-We stopped using the Reglan for her stomach but are still using the Zantac. The last two days she's been better, though I honestly think holding her all the time has helped. And if it will stop the screaming, I will do it. Keep praying for her though!

1 comment:

Janna said...

let me tell you about a girl named janna!...she is the best sister ever..i dont know how the world would spin w/o her!...lol..i think i like this story better