CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 2, 2007

Power in Weakness

We are getting desperate at this point. I just sent Arnold out to Babies R Us to look for Colic Calm Gripe Water. Sounds interesting. I'm kind of wondering what the heck "gripe water" is, but anyway, it's supposed to help with colic. I really really wanted to go to Babies R Us. I know that sounds crazy, but I have not been off the seminary campus in several days now. Arnold did not want to be left alone with her in case she started. Last night was a very trying one. From about 12 am to 3 am, she screamed nonstop. Poor baby. Nothing could be done. Usually mommy is pretty good at calming little Peyton down, or so I thought. Not when the colic strikes! There is no weaker moment, no more powerless feeling than when your newborn is screaming her head off in pain in the middle of the night, and there is nothing you can do about it. Not only are you physically exhausted, but it's emotionally exhausting as well. All day the song "His Strength is Perfect" has been playing over and over in my head. It's an old song...His strength is perfect when our strength is gone....He'll carry us when we can't carry on...raised in His power the weak become strong...His strength is perfect. It reminded me of the verse in 2 Corinthians 12..."Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." v.8-9 May God give us the grace and strength to make it through this difficult time!

No comments: