CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 5, 2007

Potholes and other ramblings


Just a random picture of Peyton after a bath.
For once I am thankful for potholes and bumpy roads. Anyone who reads this blog who has ever lived in New Orleans knows how bad the roads are here. I mean, it's an understatement to say they are bad...they are terrible. However, when your baby is screaming at the top of your lungs, and you strap her in the carseat and take her for a ride, those bumps really help. In fact, I was actively seeking out the bumps this afternoon. I drove down a road that I knew had a lot of potholes and cracks in the road, which, it's not really hard to find a road like that around here. It was totally worth tearing up the alignment in our car for those twenty minutes of peace.

In other unrelated news, I went to the grocery store last night. Now, it had been about a month since I had been to the grocery store. I was shocked at how prices have gone up on everything. There was a note at the deli counter about how Sara Lee meats had gone up because of oil. That's just crazy! But not just meat has gone up. Such much for the old budget. I guess it's going to be Ramen noodles and rice for the Arredondo family for a while.

Also, I'm not sure if I have made this request before on the blog or not, but PLEASE pray for little Peyton. (And pray for her weary parents too). Thank you!


2 comments:

Janna said...

thats a cute picture of her

Stephen and Tara said...

Joy, I have been praying for you and I will continue to. - Tara