CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 17, 2007

Being a Zombie

And I thought I knew what sleep deprevation was in college! Suddenly, the new norm changes. See, before I was pregnant, 9 hours of sleep a night was the norm. If I got less than around nine hours, I felt tired. Then when I got pregnant and started getting up and going to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I thought that if I only went once or twice, I was doing good. Any more than that, and I was really tired. Now at this point, I was still getting eight or nine hours a night, but with a few interruptions here and there. HOWEVER, now if I get three uninterrupted hours of sleep at a time, I just want to praise the Lord. Last night, I slept for fours hours, with an hour "break" in between. FOUR HOURS!! And suddenly, the new norm is set...if I get six total hours or seven a night (even though it's still broken), I feel so good the next morning. Our little angel isn't into sleeping much at night. She doesn't think it's cool. She is slowly leading her mommy and daddy to a complete state of zombiehood.

I am so excited about Christmas and the fact that I get a break and get to go home and visit family and friends. Please pray for us that we would have a safe trip to SC, and that our little bundle of joy would be a good little girl. We had another colic episode this morning. And we thought we were past that!

And here's a fudge recipe I thought I would share. This is the best fudge ever. I make it every year at Christmas. You can also find it on the back of a jar of marshmallow creme.



3 cups sugar
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
1 small can (5 oz.) evaporated milk (about 2/3 cup) (Do not use sweetened condensed milk.)
1-1/2 pkg. (12 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, chopped or 1 pkg. (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 jar (7 oz.) JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme
1 cup chopped PLANTERS Walnuts
1 tsp. vanilla

LINE 9-inch square pan with foil or 9 x 13 pan, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan; set aside. Place sugar, butter and evaporated milk in large heavy saucepan. Bring to full rolling boil on medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 4 min. or until candy thermometer reaches 234°F, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Remove from heat.
ADD chocolate and marshmallow creme; stir until completely melted. Add walnuts and vanilla; mix well.
POUR immediately into prepared pan; spread to form even layer in pan. Let stand at room temperature 4 hours or until completely cooled; cut into 1-inch squares. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.

2 comments:

Janna said...

im ready for that fudge!!!!!

Joy said...

Well good! Go and buy the ingredients and I'll make it when I get there. :)