CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Grammy Visits New Orleans


Grammy and Peyton in Jackson Square

Jackson Square

Grammy, Peyton, and Keri at City Park


My mom and my sister arrived in New Orleans early Sunday morning, and we've had a lot of fun. My mom is only going to be here for a few days, but she was DYING to see Peyton, so she bit the bullet and spent the money to fly down here. Hey, at least she gets a free "hotel" room, aka, my apartment. It's funny what grandparents will do to see their grandchildren. So far we've visited City Park, which was not a pleasant experience (there was a woman who was mad and screaming and cussing at the top of her lungs) and the Creole Creamery...a cool icecream shop on Prytania...very good. Yesterday we went to the French Market and Aunt Sally's. This is a tradition for my mom and sisters. Anytime they come to New Orleans, they HAVE to visit the French Market for some cheap deals and Aunt Sally's for pralines. Peyton is LOVING all the attention. She hasn't been nearly as whiney the last few days, so it's given me a break. Before they got here, she was following me around the house and crying. (Her dad's gone to the SBC Convention). She's discovered that she no longer has to sit on the carpet and cry if you leave the room, she can now crawl to wherever you are and cry. :) I will try to post some pictures this afternoon.

1 comment:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

yay! how fun :) Looks like everyone is enjoying themselves :)