CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Innocence

Last night, we went over to some friends' house for a barbecue. We had grilled chicken, hamburgers, grilled zucchini, green peppers, grilled corn, and beans. It was yummy! (I just wanted to make you hungry.) Our friends have a little dog named Molly who is very energetic. The last time we were over there, about a month ago, Peyton was scared of the dog. However, this time, she LOVED the dog! She thought it was hilarious when the dog would run around and jump up and down. She giggled the whole time. She loved it when the dog would sniff her feet and lick them. It was so funny because she's never just laughed that much at something. You usually have to tickle her or make a funny noise to get her to laugh, but the dog was just being a dog, and she thought that was hilarious.

This made me start thinking about the innocence of babies and children. Everything is new to them and fascinating. They are so curious and want to explore. I remember as a child being so excited to go to Carowinds (for those of you South and North Carolinians, you'll know what Carowinds is), an amusement park in Charlotte, that I couldn't sleep the night before. Now roller coasters give me headaches. I remember being so excited to play in the ocean when we would go on vacation. Now I'd rather just sleep on the beach. I miss that excited feeling and that energy!...sometimes don't you just wish you were a kid again?

No comments: