CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 28, 2008

A great lazy weekend

I had the best weekend, and I did absolutely nothing! Well that's not exactly true. Friday night me, Peyton, and a friend and her baby went to Zea's and ate supper(the best chicken and the roasted corn grits are SO good!) and then went to Target, where I consistenly spend way too much money. Saturday I stayed at home all day and cleaned our ridiculous apartment. Being gone for a week is never good news for the dwelling situation. When you get back there's always a mountain of laundry, a pile of dishes, no groceries, and a husband sitting on the couch. But now I have a sparkling clean apartment. Sunday I ended up staying home again because Peyton has been sick, and she had a rough night Saturday. Arnold went to church, and Peyton and I watched Adrian Rogers on tv, ate leftovers, and played the way nine months old like to play, which pretty much consists of her climbing all over me while I sit or lay on the carpet with her. Or she loves being carried around, that's also a favorite "game" of hers. ;) Either way, I enjoyed having one lazy weekend to just bum around the house.

And now I want to give props to the best daddy in the world. Peyton's daddy is awesome and here is why. For the past three nights, Peyton has been sick and Arnold has slept in her room to comfort her and to watch over her when she has her coughing fits. Now, granted he's very protective of her, but this has allowed me to get some sleep, which I desperately need every night in order to even function at a 40% rate the next day. He takes such good care of his little girl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats because arnold is Batman..and Batman can do anything lol
-jb-

Anonymous said...

I knew it!

Joy said...

The secret is out!!!