CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Highlights from SC

I have really wanted to update the blog this week, but I have been extremly busy at work, which is usually when I have a chance to update. There was so many great memories from last week, that I think I'll just share some highlights. Pictures will come maybe tonight or tomorrow. So now for the highlights...

-I got to go swimming three times last week with my sisters. We had so much fun! We played Marco Polo, did handstands on the bottom of the pool, and all three tried to get on an intertube. We were laughing hysterically, and I felt like a kid again.

-I got to see my grandmother who is 89 years old and not doing very good health-wise.

-I loved getting to spend so much time with Peyton. I cried Monday when I had to take her back to daycare.

-All the girls (my mom and sisters) got to go shopping. I love going shopping with them because my mom ususally buys me something. :)

-I got to eat at the best Mexican restaurant ever, Bronco's!

-I had so much fun at Tiffany's wedding. The wedding was beautiful and special, and me and Peyton did the electric slide at her reception. Peyton LOVED dancing! I also got to hang out with my friends from seminary who have all moved off now. It was a great day!

-I got to see everyone while I was home, which is always special.

-I got to see the big Peach and eat SC peaches, which are really the best!

-Now for a funny story...At the airport on the way home, I sat down with Peyton to wait on boarding the plane. It was 5:30 in the morning, and our gate was really crowded, so I just had to pick a seat between about four older men. It was very quiet too, probably because everyone was half asleep. Peyton all of a sudden starts making this strained face and then poots so loud. I was SO embarrased. I just said, "Peyton!" I didn't want those men to think I was sitting there pooting.

The more I'm away from home, the more I miss home. I never really paid attention to the relaxed pace of being in a small town, but it was wonderful! I loved going to church and seeing boxes of fresh vegetables on the porch from members who have gardens and want to share some of their produce with everyone. It was nice to hear a lawn mower buzzing at 10 in the morning because it just felt like summer then. I loved walking around the yard bare foot and sitting out on the back porch. When I graduated high school, I wanted to move as far away as I could get and to a big city. Seminary afforded me that opportunity, and now having been away for six years now, I realize that home really wasn't that bad! I guess that means I'm growing up...:)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

COME BACK HOMMMMEEEE!!!!
-JB- ..THE WRONG NAME haha

Joy said...

I wish I could!

Anonymous said...

We really, really enjoyed seeing you and Peyton at the wedding. I hope we can get together sometime in the not too distant future.

P.S.
It's not very nice to blame a poot on a sweet, innocent baby. Just admit it was you.

Joy said...

You guys need to come down to New Orleans before the summer is over!!!

Stephen and Tara said...

That was a sweet post. I am glad you had such a good time at home.:)

Misty M. said...

Wow, that very thing happened at our church a couple of weeks ago. Someone set out a box of veggies for anyone to take. We took some eggplant and made parmasian. That was very small towny of them. Your home-town sounds really wonderful Joy. I'm glad you had a great visit.

Joy said...

I had a great time Misty! And yeah, my hometown isn't so bad after all! You realize that once you're gone and come back. Everyone is friendly!