CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 7, 2008

A Happy July 4th Weekend

This weekend was awesome! I had been looking forward to it ever since I found out that our good friends Noelle and Dee were coming to the New Orleans area. I have known Noelle and Dee since college. I think I met Dee at a Chick-Fil-A in Greenville, and I met Noelle through a mutual friend. We crossed paths frequently at North Greenville but didn't become really good friends until they moved to New Orleans to attend seminary. We went to some baseball games, played Monopoly a few times, ate dinner together, watched movies, and just had fun hanging out. Noelle introduced me to Jane Austen movies, and I have been hooked ever since! (Arnold really thanks you for that ;) ) Then Katrina hit, and they moved to Charlotte. We had a fun year with them until mean old Katrina changed everything. I loved hanging out with them in New Orleans, but you know you really don't appreciate your friends until they are gone. Good friends are hard to come by these days, and I didn't realize what a good friend I had in them until they're not here anymore. So Noelle and Dee, thanks for coming...we miss you guys....please move back! :)

Here are some pictures of our fun weekend...we went to the zoo, had a cookout, went to church, went to eat out twice, and of course, watched a Jane Austen movie! Noelle and Dee have a 1 1/2 year old, Elizabeth. (Peyton had a blast with her! She followed her around the whole time, crawling just as fast as she could.)


fun times at the zoo


Elizabeth and her cool shades




This picture just doesn't capture the intense heat and humidity penetrating every inch of our bodies...man was it Louisiana hot!

No comments: