CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

A List and the Olympics, again

You know being a mom comes with certain, shall I say "benefits". Here are a few I thought of. I guess it's like a list... Like for instance I noticed the other day, that I always, inevitably, have some sort of slobber/green bean combo on my shirt or pants. I wake up every morning with big huge bags under my eyes. I always end up with a pacifier in my pocketbook. I cannot spell words anymore...I think this comes with being so tired. I always have about fifty bags with me every time I walk out the door. My clothes are always wrinkled now, no time to iron. I have to go to Target it seems every other day because we're either out of diapers, or wipes, or baby food, etc. My hair has got to be thinner because she's always pulling it out. Now I wouldn't trade this stuff for anything in the world, because it just means I'm a mom, and being a mom is the greatest! I love being with her and never want to go anywhere without her. But it can be a challenge!

And now, I have to comment on the Olympics. Have you been watching?? It's been awesome!!! I stayed up till 12 the other night just to watch the women's gymnastics individual competition. And these days, I'm usually in bed early. And did you see Michael Phelps touch the wall one hundredth of a second faster than the Serbian guy last night? Today I have watched some sort of kayaking, badminton, water polo (which is defintely my LEAST favorite), track and field, a women's marathon, men's beach volleyball, and trampoline (and have you ever heard of trampoline? me neither...but you just get on one, jump really high and do some cool flips). It's been really nasty weather here, so there's not much else to do anyway. BUT, I've gotta admit, I LOVE the Olympics!

No comments: