CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Water

This morning after my doctor visit, I had to run by Office Depot to pick up something for work. I was really thirsty, so I picked out a vitamin water and went up to the counter. The cashier told me that it would be $2(for 20 or so ounces)! I put it back and grabbed a Dasani water thinking it would be about $1. Well, the Dasani was $1.50! Of course tax was 12 cents (on $1.39)! I know I'm probably a bit too frugal sometimes, cheapskate, tightwad, etc whatever you want to call it.(I get it honest...cough cough Mama). But really I'm just trying to be a little careful these days with spending since we are about to add a new addition to the family. I find this a bit ridiculous though. I should have never paid 1.50 for water when I can get it for free. I know when you go to amusement parks, they will charge you $3 or more for a 20 ounce of Coke or water. They know you're desperately thirsty, hot, but you're on vacation so splurge a little. Well, I drank every drop of that water, and I still have my bottle. So now I'm going to refill it with some free water. I guess that's what I was really spending the $1.50 on anyway, the bottle. I think I may keep that bottle for a while.

No comments: