CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 1, 2009

Starting Off the Summer Right

This has to be the longest blogging break I've ever taken! But I've been so busy. Tomorrow I'm going to try and post pictures since I forgot my camera today. But I had a great time in SC! Here's a few things we did...went to Broncos, my all time favorite Mexican restaurant anywhere in the world, went to the mountains of NC, had a Memorial Day cookout, saw family, and just bummed around. We had a great time in the Maggie Valley mountains. There's lots of little shops, restaurants, and it's very pretty and peaceful...a nice getaway from New Orleans! Of course a teething toddler is not always the best company, but we survived. And one of my favorite things is mountain taffy, so I was happy.
When we got back to New Orleans, my poor suffering malnourished husband (these were his descriptions) had totally rearranged every room in the house. This was a good thing. Our apartment was getting a little stale, it needed something to spice it up. I got a new rocking chair, and Peyton had a little pink car that she can drive. What a good husband!
My sister Janna also came back with us, and we've had a good time so far. We've been to Target(her favorite place!) where we both spent WAY too much money, the pool, and the grocery store to buy ingredients to make Chocolate Delight (what could be better than a sister that shares your love for sweets when you're pregnant?).
Peyton in the meantime learned to climb out of her crib and the pack-n-play this weekend. Oh she's so proud of herself. So now she's adjusting to sleeping on a little mini daybed. Janna said she fell out of it last night. Poor thing, but it's kind of funny. :) Before you think I'm a mean parent, she fell right onto some soft pillows.
But what a great way to start off the summer!

PS-You know Peyton seemed sick when we got to SC and then a day after we got there my throat started feeling scratchy. I had been praying that the Lord would heal her and shield me from this. And so now I have to testify that He did, and I'm so thankful that I didn't get sick and that Peyton is better! Praise the Lord!

2 comments:

Misty M. said...

Oh! I was always keeping my fingers crossed that Micah wouldn't start climbing out of his crib! He climbed everything else known to man, but would still sit patiently in his crib and holler for MAMADADDY!! lol
Now I am hoping Allie doesn't get any funny ideas either!

Stephen and Tara said...

I am glad you had a good trip!