CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 27, 2009

A Picky Eater

Peyton used to be the best eater. She would try anything and eat everything...avocados, asparagus, sweet potatoes, potatoes, meat, etc. As she quickly approaches two, she has become so picky! For example, she won't touch meat, but give her cherry tomatoes and she eats them like candy. She won't eat mashed potatoes or potato wedges, but give her a bowl of green peas, and she will eat them like M &M's. For supper last night, I fixed crescent rolls and chicken and fried squash. She wouldn't touch the chicken dish, but she gobbled up the squash. So maybe I've just got a vegetarian. I try to get her some protein through peanut butter and beans because she will eat peanut butter sandwiches and she LOVES beans of any kind. But it's so baffling to me, because I LOVE meat. I'm the one who will order the steak at the restaurant while Arnold gets the chicken (well, sometimes). But she used to would at least try meat and other foods. Oh, and if we go out to eat now or to someones house to eat, she won't touch anything. Maybe she's too distracted, or like I said earlier, maybe it's just a two year old trait. I want her to be exposed to a variety of foods, so I guess I just need to keep trying. How did you (do you) get your child to eat?

No comments: