CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sweets


I am normally a sweet-a-holic. I LOVE sweets and any kind! Cakes, pies, candy, cookies, etc., I'll eat it all. I have always loved sweets. When I was little, I remember that I liked looking at my little books that had pictures of cakes in them, like my little book that had a boy whose mom cooked a bunch of goodies or my Dick and Jane book where they went to the candy shop (By the way, why don't we have candy stores anymore???). I don't feel like my meal is complete unless I've had something sweet to eat, regardless of how full I am. Well, apparently this gene runs in the family, because Janna, my sister who is staying with us this summer, always wants something sweet to eat too. But since Arnold doesn't really enjoy homemade sweets, I don't generally make too many desserts. NOT THIS SUMMER! I have made Cake Balls, no telling how many batches of cookies, a Red Velvet cake (that I screwed up and had to throw away), Chocolate Delight, Hershey Bar Cake, Chocolate Chip Cake, and two batches of brownies (one that had icing, and one that we threw icecream and hot fudge on top of). This is also not including all the boxes of Debbie Cakes, Chips Ahoy, and Oreos that we've devoured. Maybe this isn't a lot to you, but I'm averaging almost a new dessert every week, and Arnold usually only eats one piece and leaves the rest to me and Janna. I guess my excuse is that I'm pregnant??? Well, not really, because I have always loved sweets and now that Janna is here, it gives me a sweets buddy to encourage me. How about you? Do you love sweets? What are your favorites?

4 comments:

barbara said...

your mom can tell you I love sweets....I always have something in my lunchbag for work!!! you are a girl after my own heart!! haha...I keep up with you thru your mother...hope all goes well with the remaining pregnancy time.
love
BARBARA

Misty M. said...

I too am a big sweet eater, mostly chocolate, but oddly enough, not while I am pregnant! lol I prefer fresh fruit and veggis while preggo. I am always like, why can't I just eat like this all the time. But when I am done being pregnant I will probably be eating my fave again- Ghiradelli Dark chocolate brownies!!!

Joy said...

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one!

keriiiiii said...

daddy thot this blog meant janna had gained a bunch of weight..haha!