CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 24, 2009

The Birth Story

Here is the story of the birth of Raegan Kiley........

Friday about 5am, I woke up with a really painful contraction. Off and on during the morning, I had painful contractions. I came home from work at 12:30, had a few more painful contractions, but went back to work at 1:30. At about 2pm, I was advising a student when I started having painful contractions that I began to notice were coming about 10 minutes a part. So at 2:30, I went home and told Arnold that we needed to leave. By this point, the contractions were five minutes a part. Now, unfortunately, I had not packed my bags or prepared, so we were both scrambling around. We finally get in the car on a Friday afternoon and it's raining and yucky and traffic is horrible on the interstate. It took us 45 minutes to get to the hospital. At this point, I'm about to panic as the contractions are very painful and coming about every 3 minutes. We finally get to the hospital and I am four cm. dialated. They take me back to the room to get the iv started so that I can get an epidural. They get the epidural started and check me. I am now 8 cm dialated and not that much time had passed! At this point, the epidural was basically worthless. I felt most everything. I finally called for them to see if they would give me more...same result. I then called again to say that i felt tremendous pressure, and WHERE'S THE DOCTOR???!!! They said they would come check me and that she was on the way. They check me again, and I'm now at 10 cm., though my water had not broken. Probably about 10 agonizing minutes later, the doctor shows up. At this point, I am feeling every contraction and dying and the pressure of the baby ready to come. So the doctor breaks my water, and about ten minutes and four pushes later, Raegan was born!!! I have to say that I am thankful she is so small since I felt everything. I am really thankful to God that everything went so well (and so fast!) during the labor and delivery and that we now have a beautiful little girl. Our internet connection at home is dial up, so you can imagine how slow it is to post pictures. But I will try soetime later to post a few more.

1 comment:

Stephen and Tara said...

oh Joy I am glad it all went well. Well at least you can say you experienced a somewhat all natural birth:) haha. That would have been hard waiting 10 minutes on the doctor but at least you just had a few pushes and she was out! I have been praying for you during this transition. I am so glad the baby is healthy.