CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Nesting and Walmart

Well, I have about 3 1/2 weeks left until baby, and I have done something very bad...it's called procrastination! It hit me the other night about 2 am after I got back in bed from using the bathroom. "It" being the list...the LONG list of things that need to be done to prepare for the baby. So instead of resting and chilling, which is what my body needs, I have been making trips to Walmart(more on this in a minute), cleaning, and driving everyone in my family crazy. I guess it's part of the "nesting" that you read about in the books, that extra burst of energy that helps you clean and prepare.
Now about Walmart. I may have blogged about Walmart before, I can't remember, but I despise it. I actually haven't been to Walmart since May (when I was in SC), but since they opened a new one here, I decided to try it out. After parking at the END of the parking lot, walking a mile to the store, walking a mile throughout the store just to get from one end to the other, darting the throngs of people inside and weaving my way in between people and carts, waiting in line for 25 minutes, and walking back a mile to my car, all the while trying to keep Peyton from jumping out of the buggy, I was exhausted last night. This excersion took two hours. And this is why I shop at Target. I'm willing to pay a $1 or two extra. For those of you who live in smaller towns, this may help you picture the Walmart here....your Walmart the day before Christmas is like ALL of our Walmarts every day of the year. Walmart has some great bargains, and they have everything you could possibly want, but it's just not worth it. How about you? Are you a faithful Walmart shopper?

1 comment:

Stephen and Tara said...

I also despise Walmart. I have to say though that the one here in Asheville is new and much nicer than the one I used to shop at. But still...I went Saturday..took one look at the parking lot and drive right back out.