CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sleep Laughing?

I have been known to sleep walk/talk. Now there are two types of sleep walking/talking. There's the kind that you have no recollection of and the kind where you're semi-conscious, but you still don't know what you're doing. I'll give you some examples.
When I was twelve, we went to Gatlinburg, TN on vacation. One night at the hotel, I got out of bed, unlocked the deadbolt, and started heading out the door. Except I didn't undo the chain at the top, so I was trying to jerk the door open and the chain was stopping me. This of course woke my parents up, and they told me to get back in bed. If not for that chain, I would probably have been roadkill. I have absolutely no recollection of this incident.
One time when I was in high school, I jerked the blinds down in my room in the middle of the night, which fell with a thud on top of my alarm clock and broke it. I remember pulling at them, and I remember them falling, but I had no idea why I was doing this. After they fell I got back in bed and went right back to sleep.
Numerous times in high school, I would get up at 2 am or so and start getting ready for school. I would even look at the alarm clock (the same broken one, which still worked somehow) and read that it said 2 am, but I was not fully awake so I thought it was time to get up. I remember taking a shower once or twice. Then I would get back to my room (now fully awake) and realize that it was 2 in the morning.
These are a few examples, there's numerous times I've said crazy stuff in my sleep.
The other night though, I did something really weird that I don't believe I've ever done before. I woke up in the middle of the night laughing. The thing that I was laughing at, and I will not tell you because it's so stupid and embarrassing, was totally nonsense because I remembered what it was the next morning. But in the middle of the night, I thought it was true, and I laughed for probably five minutes. What's so weird about all this is that I was laughing and I remember laughing but I wasn't conscious enough to realize that the thing I was laughing at wasn't true. But I was conscious enough to think, "Oh I need to be quiet or I might wake the baby." Weird. Isn't it crazy the things you can do in your sleep?

2 comments:

Janna said...

or maybe you're just weird lol

kerrriiii* said...

omg i woke up the other nite or actually early mornin gettin ready for school even tho i knew the clock said 4 i still thot it was time to get up.dang i take after you...ugh!lol
-and every weekend i wake up in a panic thinkin i gotta go to school:(