CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 8, 2010

The $1500 Teaspoon of Benadryl

Yesterday I rushed Raegan to the ER because her face turned as red as a tomato and started swelling. She began clawing at her face and ears and smacking her tongue, which likely meant that her tongue and throat were starting to swell. Thankfully we were right at the hospital because she had just visited an opthamologist about her clogged tear duct. I see this as the Lord's providence. Now I realize that I could have given her Benadryl myself, but when you think your seven month old's throat may be swelling, you rush them to the hospital. Scary. She did not need a steroid shot and we have no idea what caused the reaction, though this past weekened she started having a few mild episodes of hives. Join me in praying that we discover the reason for these reactions.

The sick patient...

6 comments:

julie said...

JOy,
Hi...I am delurking. I have enjoyed reading your blog for sometime now. I was Cherry's Suitemate at NGC. I have two girls very close in age to yours and can relate to a lot of your posts. I will be praying that you all can pinpoint the cause of the hives. Julie

Joy said...

Hey Julie. I am trying to remember who you are...please forgive my poor memory! What was your last name? Having two girls (or two boys) close in age is challenging! But it is so good to hear from you, and I would love for you to start leaving comments if you have a chance so that you can share with me about your two girls and your experiences. Thanks for delurking!

Misty M. said...

That sounds so scary! I would have done the same thing. I will pray that you find out the source of the reaction too.
She sure is adorable in that photo and that sweet dress!

Lauren said...

So glad you were near the hospital! I've yet to have that type of experience, but Cora did have a clogged tear duct. Hers cleared up before she was a year old without having to see the opthamologist. Maybe you'll be so blessed too. I remember Julie well, a redhead. If I remember right, Jessica Brown's roommate. Hey, Julie! I lived upstairs in Horton. I now have three girls and am expecting a baby boy this summer.
Anyway, I miss you, Joy! Call sometime when you can!

Joy said...

Hey Julie! I know exactly who you are!!! I had forgotten that you were Cherry's suitemate. Can you believe we've almost been out of college ten years?!
Misty-Thanks for your prayers! Hope ya'll are doing well.
Laur-i will try to call you soon. It's been forever since we've talked.

Stephen and Tara said...

That is scary. I am glad she is ok!