CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 26, 2007

The crying baby and the dirty mama

So if I ever thought that taking care of a baby was simple and easy, that idea was dashed against the rocks last night. From about 1-3 am, Peyton screamed and could not be consoled. And from 1-2, I had been asleep in the next room and Arnold had been taking care of her. How I didn't hear her I will never know. I guess I was just that tired. Anyway, by the time I did hear her, she was screaming her head off. She was obviously having some major gas issues. None of the usual tricks helped...not the Mylicon...not the rocking, singing, patting...nothing. I know the neighbors thought we were totally beating the poor baby. But having your baby scream for this long, and I do mean scream, is extremely frustrating. You want to do something so bad, but there's nothing you can do. And it's kind of scary too. I would have given anything if it could have been me in pain instead of her.
And did I mention that I would have never dreamed how much spit up, pee, and poop I would wear on me every day. There's no point in putting on anything nice. Like right now, I have on a pair of pink pajama pants with butterflies on them and a red mission trip t-shirt. My hair is greasy. I have on my glasses, and I'm also wearing white socks with flip flops. Ooh...so attractive.
For those of you reading this, please say a prayer for her and her tummy problems. It is not fun for either party!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peyton is cool. I'm ya'll get some sleep soon. Here's a point of grace video that is pretty neat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW1daW6k0LE&eurl

Janna said...

yuck you sounds disgusting..not bathing everyday is something mama does not you haha

Joy said...

Keith,

Send me an email with your phone number.

Anonymous said...

Soo glad to hear things are going well and I have seen you like that before so what is new??? J/K I am glad that you are adjusting to your new life and even though I don't speak from personal experience, I would say the fact that we still don't cry/scream uncontrollably at our age (well most of the time) proves that it will get better! I hate that I can't come down there. I told April that I might try to come down during my spring break for a few days regardless of what everyone else does. I miss you guys!! I hope you have a great day with your new love! And I promise you are not the only wearing spit up today. I have some on me from Addison (april and Wayne's baby) so you are not alone!! Love you girl! oh and when is a good time to call I haven't called b/c i didn't want to disturb Peyton. Let me know a good time - if there is one.. hehe...