CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 1, 2007

Waiting

Let me say a word or two first before I get to the real stuff....
MY HUSBAND IS A GOOFBALL! I was ripping open the cereal box to get to the free children's book information on the inside of it. I have to admit though, it is pretty funny. I had no idea why he was being so sneaky at lunch, but I should have known he was up to something!

So, I know God has been trying to speak to me about the whole "waiting" thing...Waiting on the Lord's perfect timing for our little bundle of joy (and arnold ;) ) to arrive. Yesterday at church I heard an awesome sermon about not just praying that he would take away this waiting, but that he would use this seemingly idle time in our lives....and praising and thanking for him for everything that he does for us, even the small "insignificant" things. Today, I ran across an article from a blog that I'm going to post (they said to pass it along...so I don't think that constitutes thievery :) ). I hope the article will be a blessing to someone else who may be struggling with waiting, whatever your wait may be about...

“Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.” Psalm 27 What are you waiting for today?
May these thoughts encourage you to make it a “Productive Delay:”

"Waiting on God isn't about the suspension of meaning and purpose. It's part of the meaning and purpose that God has brought into my life. Waiting on God isn't to be viewed as an obstruction in the way of the plan. Waiting is an essential part of the plan. For the child of God, waiting isn't simply about what I'll receive at the end of my wait. No, waiting is much more purposeful, efficient, and practical than that. Waiting is fundamentally about what I'll become as I wait. God is using the wait to do in and through me exactly what He's promised. Through the wait He's changing me. By means of the wait He's altering the fabric of my thoughts and desires. Through the wait He's causing me to see and experience new things about Him and His kingdom. And all of this sharpens me, enabling me to be a more useful tool in His redemptive hands."
Instead of focusing on what we’re waiting to receive, let’s turn our gaze to God and ask Him to make us “a more useful tool in His redemptive hands.”

By the way, this is from the blog http://girltalk.blogs.com/ Check it out. My friend Tara told me about it. It's Christian women posting blogs, etc. Thanks Tara for the heads up!

PS- Nursery pics are under the archived September posts. Please look them up if you haven't seen them. The nursery is so pretty!

Also, Michael that guy does look like Pastor Allen. Only you would have found his twin!

No comments: