CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Family Church

Sunday Arnold decided that he wanted to visit a church plant in Covington, La. This church plant is being conducted? (I guess that's how you describe a church plant) by one of his friends. The cool thing about this church plant is that it's a family integrated model, meaning that it's very family oriented. The whole family is supposed to be in the worship service together, babies, toddlers, teenagers, etc. The church plant is currently meeting at a Hampton Inn. I was excited about this model because I think it is important for families to worship together. Most of the time at church, the babies go to the nursery, the toddlers and kids go to children's church, and then the teenagers may go to a separate service in some instances. Families are pulled so many different directions during the week, and church usually adds to the pulling apart. Well, needless to say, I didn't get to worship much this past Sunday. Peyton was not a happy baby, and we had to go to the "cry room" (a hotel room designated for crying babies) because she just got out of control. But, the few minutes I was in the service, I really enjoyed it. Yes, several of the children may talk out, and one little boy decided to throw things, but it was neat to see families sitting together worshiping God. I really enjoy the time I get to spend with my little family, so I think it's cool they want to keep the family together during this special time of the week.

No comments: