CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 7, 2008

Day Dates

You know what is nice about work...finding you have a day off! Well, actually, finding out you have three days off!!! I found out Tuesday of this week that next week is spring break for our campus. I talked with Arnold about some possible things I could do on my break because I don't just want to sit around the house. I would love to go to South Carolina, but it's too hard to coordinate with a baby, by myself, and with such short notice. Then I thought that maybe I could take a day trip somewhere, but that idea was no good either. SO Arnold came up with a nice idea. He's going to take two vacation days next week, and we are going to go on day dates. You may be wondering what day dates is....well, it entails leaving Peyton at daycare and going on various excursions around the city. I think we are going to the D-Day museum here as well as visiting Magazine Street and maybe some shops and antique stores, going to a coffee shop or two, going to the movies, and going out to eat. Arnold and I have been out ONCE by ourselves since Peyton was born!!! She's almost five months old. That's sad :( I think it's about time for a day date!

Also, if you haven't ever tried Starburst Jelly Beans, you need to pick you up a bag for Easter and try them. They are so good!

3 comments:

Misty M. said...

Starburst Jellybeans... mmmmm.
Good choice.

Unknown said...

Ok so I definitely vote that you go to the D-Day museum. I know I am a history buff and all and maybe that is why I thought it was cool. But that was probably one of the coolest places I have been. Although, my grandparents went with us when they came down and it was cool b/c my grandpa and mima knew people in the pictures. Two other suggestions are the kids museum (which I hope is still open) and there is this little hole in the wall museum/travel guide for new orleans over near coyote ugly/across from hard rock that has a great jazz museum... I would never had known it was there if my mom hadn't wandered in to the courtyard b/c she thought it was pretty. oh and it is free! That is also a plus... David and I spent a good hour there just listening to the different musical histories. I love day dates by the way. David and I have one tomorrow. Not that we have a baby - but between my eighth graders and his irrigation pump systems... it is hard to find quality time lately. Have fun and enjoy yourselves!

Anonymous said...

If you guys need a babysitter just let us know. Of course we do charge mileage and gas and would require at least a months notice plus room and board. But we'd be great babysitters!