CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 17, 2008

Fun New Orleans Vacation

I am officially back at work (ssshh...don't tell my boss that I'm sitting at my desk writing this blog). I had a great vacation! Wednesday, I went to Walmart and Sams, the mall, and I had a facial done at Aveda. Thursday, Arnold and I went to VooDoo BBQ then walked around Magazine St. Friday, we went and ate breakfast at Shoney's, went to the mall, ate lunch downtown, then went to the D-Day museum, which I really enjoyed. Saturday, I went to the mall (again!) with Peyton and one of my friends and then to McAlister's. It has been a very busy, very fun few days! In fact, I think we made up for the last five months in five days!

Back to the D-Day museum....I really didn't remember much from high school history about
WW II, but the museum was interesting. I would recommened it to anyone who comes to New Orleans to visit. By the way, I am distantly related to Winston Churchill. (Arnold rolls his eyes every time I tell people that...he's just jealous...all his relations are outlaws...j/k :) And my mom told me that my great uncle fought in the war. Well actually his job was to pick up the dead and wounded. I can't imagine the tremendous sacrifice these people had to make to fight!

Anyway, it was a great time, and I thank the Lord for a few days off!!!


1 comment:

Misty M. said...

WW2 is fascinating to me. My great uncle served aboard the USS Saratoga Air Craft Carrier. I was able to hear some stories about it from him a few years ago. He has since passed away. It's rival ship (friendly rivalry I guess you could say) is the Lexington which is now a museum in Texas. But the Saratoga was blown up in an A bomb test in 1946.
I have also met a woman whose husband was in the battle of Corregidore and the Bataan Death march. He survived and came home to marry her. I got to see a national geographic article on it with a photo which included him.
I always plan on studying more about that era, but I never get around to it. It would be nice to visit a museum like that sometime.