CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I had an interesting Mother's Day yesterday. Let's see, it started out with Peyton banging her head on my rollers and getting a nice little cut right before we had baby dedication at church. She did really good for the baby dedication though. While we were singing Jesus Loves Me standing in front of the church, she raised her little hand and was holding it up, almost like she was praising Jesus! She received a pretty little white New Testament, and I got a rose.
After church we were supposed to go have brunch at a friend's house, but they had to cancel. Well, I had no plans for lunch, so Arnold suggested McDonald's, and then I said a BIG, "HECK NO!" So instead he ran to Rouses and got a pink rotissiri chicken that I had to take back thirty minutes later. I thought they timed those chickens! Why was it pink?!
Arnold then left to work on his paper that's due Wednesday. So for most of the afternoon, Peyton and I rocked out to some vintage DC Talk...duh duh down with the DC Talk.... Actually, I was straigtening up the house while she sat in her swing and stared out the window while banging her toy on the tray. Then we went for a long walk around campus. She fell asleep in her pink cadillac(see picture below), so I kept on a strollin!
Last night we went to our small group which was just down the street and enjoyed burritos...Peyton had the pureed carrots (one of her favorites). So all in all, it was a pretty good Mother's Day, although I miss my mother and grandmothers and wish I could have been in SC to see them.

There are some pictures below.

2 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

"Thinkin' of a way to explain-o, cause you knowin' I'm flowin' like a bottle of drain-o..."

Sorry... had to get in a little old school DC Talk :)

Sounds like an interesting MOther's day :) haha! It's Memorable :)
Fun :)

Joy said...

Haha! That's so funny! DC Talk is awesome! I wish they were still around.