CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

New Orleans, Peyton and Starbucks Coffee

Well, we made it back to New Orleans Sunday night after ten days in Monroe. What a nice vacation! And the best part is, there was no damage done, except losing everything in our fridge. Who knew catsup, mayo, mustard, jelly, and soy sauce would cost so much to replace?!

We had a great time in Monroe though, except for the part where Peyton got sick again. It was so awesome to spend so much time with her and Arnold. I really enjoyed getting to watch Peyton try to walk so much, and the babbling she’s been doing lately. I tried to catch a video of her babbling, but of course she stopped the minute I pressed record.

This is totally off the subject, but I’ve been wondering something…has Starbucks changed their coffee making skills? Because if so, it stinks! I went to a Starbucks in the Cinncinatti airport this summer, and not having had Starbucks in a long time thought I would order a grande, or whatever the big size is, white chocolate mocha. It tasted like nasty burnt coffee, but I didn’t complain and just decided the girl probably didn’t know what she was doing. Then in Monroe this past week, I went to Starbucks and ordered a tall white chocolate mocha decaf, and it tasted like burnt coffee too! So I went back in the store and told the girl making it. She made me another one, this time a regular, and it tasted the same way!!!

What is going on here? I was too embarrassed to tell her it stunk too, so I just drank the darn thing and walked out. Have you guys had the same experience at Starbucks? I do not like paying a premium, and I do mean PREMIUM, price for a drink and then it tastes gross. I’m really sad about this.

2 comments:

Stephen and Tara said...

I don't go to Starbucks often but I haven't noticed that. Their coffee is a bit more "bitter" and stronger than other brands but usually it is a pretty good quality. You don't drink regular coffee do you? Only lattes and frapicinos and things like that? Maybe it is just the actual coffee taste you don't like. Maybe they are making the proportions different of coffee to milk to sugar and so it has more of a coffee taste.

I am glad everything was ok when you got home!I hope your week at work has gone well and that Peyton is feeling better.

Misty M. said...

Hey, glad you didn't have any damage. As for the Starbucks... maybe your tastebuds changed during pregnancy! Stranger things have happened because of motherhood. Some people grow a shoe size, others have curly hair instead of straight...who knows!