CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 13, 2009

One Hard Week

If you're wondering why there hasn't been a post in a long time, I will fill you in on the details. What can I say about 2009 except that it's been a hard year?! Two weeks ago I caught a cold from Peyton. I thought I was getting over it when I woke up last Thursday night with an ear infection and pain in my jaw. The next day I saw the doctor who put me on Amoxiccilin and said it looked like an ear infection in my left ear. At this point, I could hardly hear out of my ear and felt miserable. Well the weekend came, and I continued to get worse. By Sunday night, I could not sleep for the pain, and by Monday morning, I made an appointment to see Peyton's Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor. He told me to start on Mucinex, gave me a prescription for Tylenol with Codeine, and cleaned out my sinuses with a long, metal, scary tube. By that night, I was in so much pain that I couldn't sleep, and I was sobbing. The left side of my face, my gums, and teeth hurt so bad that it was just excrutiating. So the next morning, in desperation, I went to see the dentist just to make sure that it wasn't my teeth, it wasn't, then I went and saw the ENT again. This time, he gave me an antibiotic shot, a steroid shot, and a prescription for Vicodin! He wanted me to come back the next day, Wednesday. He cleaned out my sinuses again, and then by that night I was in the worst pain again. Well, this has continued all week...I've had three antibiotic shots, two steroid shots, Mucinex, Tylenol, Amoxicilin, and Vicodin! All in the span of one week. And today, since I had to go to the ob-gyn, I can say that I have been to the doctor every day this week! And even one day last week. Crazy. But I have to say a BIG THANK YOU to all my family, friends, and even strangers who have been praying for me. I believe that God is healing my body and answering prayers. It has truly been one of the hardest weeks of my life. You know you never want to take all of this medication when you have a tiny little baby inside your belly. Thank you again for prayers, and please continue to lift me and the baby up!

3 comments:

Stephen and Tara said...

So I guess everything was ok at the OBGYN. That is an answer to prayer! How are you feeling now?

Misty M. said...

So sorry to hear about all the pain and sickness Joy, hope you are much better now. Keep us posted!

Joy said...

Much better! Thank you so much for all the prayers. God is good!