CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Fun Weekend with Family

This past weekend, my dad and one of my brother's came to New Orleans to visit. We did a lot of fun stuff in a short amount of time. Here's some of the stuff we did....Saturday night-ate crawfish! yummy Sunday-Voodoo BBQ and Commander's Palace (soft shell crab, strawberry shortcake...wow!). Monday-Carriage Ride in the Quarter, Cafe Du'Monde for Beignets, a ride down the Mississippi on the steamboat Natchez, Burgers at the Clover Grill, and of course my brother had to see Bourbon St., but since it was 10 am, it was relatively calm! Probably the only time you can say that about Bourbon St. It still smelled nasty though. Here's a few observations from this weekend: Peyton was a trooper despite not having a nap all day. It's always fun pulling up to one of the most expensive, exclusive, world-famous, and greatest restaurants in New Orleans(Commander's Palace) in an old beat up 14 year old Buick LeSabre with four people and a baby crammed inside. We had great laughs about that, and I'm sure the valets did too. Where else can you go and find people who spray paint their body's metallic colors and stand still for money all day long? New Orleans is the greatest. Their is SO much history here. Blond headed, blue eyed, fair skinned people need sunscreen when outside for eight hours...who was the only one that didn't get burned? PEYTON! You can defintely tell we're all related...Peyton was the oddball this time. I'm sure people were wondering if I had adopted her. The trip was a lot of fun, and I hope they can come back and visit!



My dad and Skylar at the Quarter View restaurant before digging into some hot crawfish.




It's interesting taking a baby to Commander's Palace. But she loved the icecream. I'm sure the clean up staff appreciated Peyton and the suprises she left behind for them.


An after dinner walk outside Commander's Palace.


My dad, Peyton, and Skylar in front of St. Louis Cathedral.


Skylar, Peyton, and the fat pregnant woman holding up the Metallic guy in the Quarter.


Skylar and Peyton on the Natchez


This was after our long day in the Quarter. Notice our red faces.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like yall had fun :)
and yall look just alike..and i know people thought peyton was adopted lol
and i was looking for my green gap shirt this weekend ..i forgot i gave it to you haha
-janna-

Joy said...

Do you want it back? It makes me look rather wide and whale-like.

Misty M. said...

Looks like fun! Maybe we will make it down there one day. In my 32 years of Louisiana living I have never been anywhere near NO.

Unknown said...

Okay so I just want to clarify that you are not and will never be a big fat woman!! I laughed out loud when I read that.

los Greenes said...

I'm with your friend Tiffany, you are not a "fat pregnant woman"!!! Don't you say that again, Alegria!!! :) Pregnancy is beautiful and pregnant women are beautiful...right?

Joy said...

Yes you're right. I was just trying to be funny.