CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 7, 2010

The Mall

Have you ever had one of these experiences? 

I go to the mall with two kids under two.  By myself.  It's about to rain cats and dogs.  While inside, Raegan throws her passy out of the stroller.  It's gone forever, probably sitting in the bottom of a trash can by now.  I'm looking for a bathing suit.  Not on the first floor, so I go to the second.  I walk all the way to the other end of the store.  Salesman tells me that they are on the first floor.  I go down the elevator, back to the first floor and walk to the other side.  Finally find the darn bathing suits.  Then I realize that I really need to use the bathroom.  Do I want to go all the way up to the second floor again, all the way across the store to the bathroom?  No.  I go halfway down the mall to the food court bathrooms.  Thirty minutes into the mall trip, and we've done nothing but go up and down the elevator and use the bathroom.  While in the handicap bathroom, Peyton decides she wants to sit down on the nasty floor.  Raegan starts screaming.  Why didn't I attach her passy with the nice little string?  Peyton starts screaming because she does not want to get back in the stroller.  I bribe her with a cookie.  She inhales eats the cookie before I've even taken the second bite of my cookie.  Make my way back to the bathing suits.  Pick the first four that are my size that are decent.  Head to the dressing room.  Raegan commenses screaming.  I try on the first bathing suit.  It fits.  That's good enough for me.  I'm about to have a meltdown myself.  Have to bribe Peyton again with another cookie.  Head to the check out just in time.  Guess what?  The bathing suit rings up for $15 less than the price tag, and I found a coupon for 15% off.  A great ending to a miserable trip.  Note to self: I will never go to the mall again by myself with two kids.

PS-We beat the rain!

1 comment:

Stephen and Tara said...

And you are a blessed enough person to be able to find a bathing suite that fits so quickly:) You are really going to look back on these stories and laugh some day:)