CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 9, 2010

Summer Days

I was thinking today about how much I love summer and some of my favorite things to do.  What are your favorite things to do during the summer?  Here are some things I love to do and some things I love about summer...

*I love fans in the summer and open windows.  I'm okay if it's a little warm in the house, as long as some fans are going.  Fans and open windows remind me of childhood.

*I love walking barefooted through the grass.  Arnold calls me a redneck when I do this, but he's just jealous because he's not a redneck.  This also reminds me of childhood. 

*I love going swimming!  I don't get to do this too much, even though we have a pool ten steps from our front door.  (It's too much work to haul all of our stuff out there!)  My mom's neighbor has a pool with a sliding board, and we went over and swam when I was in SC.  I was like a kid going down that sliding board and jumping off the diving board.  

*Getting to go on vacation.  I still get just as excited about this. Who doesn't??

*It's so nice to look out your window at 8 pm and still see daylight.

*I love sitting on the porch and doing nothing.  One day I will have a porch with a rocking chair....

*I love going for a walk outside.  I don't care if it's 100 degrees with 80% humidity (which is usually the case in New Orleans), I still love going on walks. 

*ICECREAM!!!  I have become addicted to icecream lately.  My favorite is Cold Stone Creamery.  OH my goodness!  Or Cinnamon Buns from Ben and Jerry's (can't afford this one too often though!)  But the best is homemade icecream.  I remember my family sitting under the trees at my grandmother's house a few times when I was growing up and making homemade icecream. You can't beat that.  Just throw some watermelon in the picture, and that is summer. 

What do you love about summer?

2 comments:

Misty M. said...

Hey Joy, I am sooo sorry we missed yall when you were in town.
I know exactly what you mean about fans and open windows reminding you of childhood. I am the same way about being in the car with the windows down and country music playing. It had been a long time but recently I started doing that when I drive and it takes me back. :)

Joy said...

Thanks for sharing Misty!