CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Fun Weekend

Well, the baby is due in less than four weeks now, and we are acting like we have all the time in the world! But really, Arnold and I have been having a great time these last few weeks, just spending time together and doing a lot of fun stuff. Friday night, we tried a new restaurant near the seminary called Lafitte's. It was pretty good, and honestly, we were just glad to have something near the seminary again that doesn't specialize in hamburgers and value meals. Saturday, we(or rather I!) slept late...such a luxury these days. Then we went to the French Quarter to find a restaurant. If you're ever on Decatur St., try Angeli's on Decatur. It was really good and very reasonably priced. Great sandwiches and pasta salad. Then we stopped at a woodworks shop on Royal. The man that owns the shop makes all of these cool wooden toys and kitchenware and whatever else he wants. We bought a little wooden frog toy with wheels that you pull with a string (for Peyton of course!). Now, I'm pretty big at this point and have to go to the bathroom every 2 and 1/2 minutes, so we decided to leave the Quarter and go home for a rest. Later on, we went to Magazine St. and looked for me some flipflops for my birthday. But not just any old flip flops....some new Reefs or Tevas....the enduring, long lasting, comfortable kind. We didn't find any on Magazine St., so then we ventured to the mall. Lakeside Mall on a Saturday is CRAZY! It took us 20 minutes to find a parking space. After finding flipflops at Dillard's, we then go to SONIC. Sonic is really an awesome fast food place because they have great drinks and they're pretty cheap. We got milkshakes (something I'm sure I do not need to be consuming a lot of these days), but boy were they good! Then it's off to Babies R Us...I know!....and this is all one day's worth of activity. But it was a really fun weekend. Arnold and I have a great time together. And we better enjoy it now while we can still hop in the car and zip around. This Friday, I will have another ultrasound done. The doc. thinks the baby is small, so she wants to do another one. I'm excited to see our little one on the screen again. It never gets old. Well, more updates later. And I will try to post some pictures when I can figure out how to reduce them so that they'll fit! Joy ;)

1 comment:

Travis and Stephanie said...

Hey, The only time you should have problems with your photos fitting is when you are trying to set up your profile picture. Other than that, blogger will resize whatever you put in your post so they will fit and not be gigantic. Just thought I would share- I can show you how whenever you want. :)