CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Ring Mystery

Monday night after our walk, I took Peyton to her room and changed her into her night clothes. As I was taking off her shirt, I noticed a red ring the size of a quarter on her lower back. This totally freaked me out because it looked like someone had taken something and burned her, but it was a perfectly round circle and the center was fine. Arnold was studying at his work, so I called him and asked him to come back home immediately. I felt sick because I thought someone had done something to her! After examining her, we decided that it was probably a scratch, though it was odd that something would scratch a perfect circle on her back. Tuesday when I dropped her off at daycare, in my lateness (and this has gotten better!) I forgot to mention this to them. So yesterday afternoon I get a call. I'm sure they were wondering what in the world happened to this child. It did seem kind of odd. Well after two days of having this on her back, you can defintely see that it's a scratch. The only thing we can figure is that I put a new shirt on her Monday, and the same night I discovered the scratch I also discovered the clear, plastic thing from the tag fell out of the shirt when I took it off. I guess this scratched her, but she never cried(there was no blood, and it didn't even penetrate the skin). I guess it's just one of those crazy things.

5 comments:

Janna said...

im calling DSS... lol j/k

SouthAsiaRocks said...

haha! Living overseas, my first thought was... ahh, ringworm, no big deal :) haha! It's sad that my first thought wouldn't have been a scratch :) haha!

Glad it was just a scratch :) You guys ROCK! :)

Anonymous said...

I wish the ring had never come to me

Joy said...

...my precious.

Joy said...

I thought for a split second that it could be ringworm, but then you could tell it was a scratch.